Happy Thursday everyone~! This week I have my two exams for the semester and then I can finally enjoy my break! It’s been a little stressful and tiring but here are my five beauty products that are helping me through my dreadful exam time. No matter how much studying I do, I need a little R&R and these arr the products I need near by to get my through this horrid period of the semester. Let’s start!
- Aloe Vera Gel: The exam stress has taken a bit of a toll on my skin and the one product I always run back to is Aloe Vera gel. It’s a natural gel that soothes and softens the skin without leaving any kind of residue. It’s an incredibly light weight gel that dries within a matter of seconds. I use this all over my face and body before bed and it really helps to calm me down and get me in a relaxing mood before bed. My dad isn’t one for lotions and moisturising but when he does moisturise he’s asking for my aloe vera gel. I’m currently using one by Nature Republic which comes in a huge tub and a very generous amount of product. But honestly I’m sure any aloe vera gel from the drugstore will do!
- Facial Mist: I also love a good facial mist. When I’m feeling lethargic and just can’t be bothered to moisturise a good facial mist will do the job. It’s light weight, dries almost instantly and it’s such a nice treat for the skin. I usually give my face a good misting at the end of my night-time skincare routine but if I’m just going to be studying at home then I’ll have a spritz here and there throughout the day if my skin is feeling a little dry. I’m currently using the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater and it’s a very gentle facial mist that quickly absorbs into the skin. It does leave a slight residue but it’s nothing that’s noticeable or uncomfortable. It’s also great if you wanna slightly water down your make-up, leaving your skin looking a little more natural.
- Face Masks: What’s the best way to indulge in your P.J’s after a long day of studying (or procrastinating if you’re anything like me)? Finish up the night with a good ol’ face mask! Now I’m not really picky with my face masks, I can generally use any I’m just not really a fan of peel-off masks. But lately I’ve been enjoying several different mud masks. There’s something about a good mask that gives you a glow and brightness that’ll make you forget how stressed you were half and hour ago. Lately I’ve been using the Mint Skin Hydrating Clay Mask which has a slight rose-y scent that isn’t too over-powering. I leave it on for about 20-30 minutes, rinse off and I’m left with super supple and radiant looking skin!
- Hand Cream: I think a lot of people tend to neglect their hands in their beauty regimen. But whenever I’m out I do my best to bring my hand sanitiser and hand cream with me to keep my hands soft and moisturised. The last few months I have been using the L’Occitane Pivoine Flora Hand Cream and I love it! It’s a light-weight cream that has shea butter so it’s got that strong hydration your hands might need. It also a very beautiful but subtle blossom-y/peony scent which kind of lingers and I love it. It’s really soft and girly kinda smell, it lingers but not in a bad way. Hands down best hand cream ever! It is a little bit pricey but a tube of this is going to last a while..
- Hair Treatment: Let’s not forget about hair, right?! The past few days I’ve been at home studying, in P.J’s and hair thrown up in a bun or pony tail. But just because I’m not going out, doesn’t mean I shouldn’t take care of my luscious locks. But to keep them feeling strong and luscious I’ve been using my OGX Biotin & Collagen Weightless Healing Oil Treatment and it is by far the best deep treating product I’ve tried for my hair. Since using this I don’t really need to use a separate hair mask or leave-in conditioner because it works so well in penetrating the hair and keeping it as healthy as it has been.
And that’s a wrap up of all of my beauty essentials that I need during the exam period. I’m stressed but I’ll be done by next week and then I’ll be vacationing in Korea and Japan! Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed this little exam-theme blog post! What do you do to cope with studying and exams? What are your must-haves for exams? Let me know in the comments below and I’ll see you all next week~! xx